The COVID-19 Recovery and Resilience Program is an initiative by Mastercard Foundation in partnership
with KEPSA whose aim is to support women/youth led or owned micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) whose operations have been adversely affected by Covid-19.
Our aim is to support MSMEs who find it difficult to access financing from formal lending institutions such as banks and micro-financers.
Through this program, we have a target of supporting at least 400 Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
(MSMEs), with interest free short-term loans ranging between Kshs 100,000 to Kshs 1.5 million without any collateral, and payable within six months.
Features of the loan:
- 0% Interest rate
- No collateral requirements
- No loan processing fees
- The amount is Ksh100,000 – 1.5 million
- Repayment is within 6 months
- Funds processing time is 2.5 to 4 weeks.
The following is the eligibility criteria for businesses to qualify for this loan:
The business must be:
- A member of KEPSA, member of members of KEPSA through Business Associations or pay the joining fee which is minimal.
- Have been in operation for at least six months.
- Owned/led by Women (18-70yrs) or youth (18-35yrs).
- Experiencing operational challenges due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- A micro, small and medium enterprise of not more than 50 employees and with an annual turnover of up to KES 5million.
- Capable to repay the loan within six months.
- NOT engaged in the following; alcohol, tobacco & drugs-related, weapons manufacturer & war-related activities, gambling/betting, sex-related industries or have ownership by state or parastatal actors
Note: Male (over 35 years) businesses meeting all other criteria except age supporting vulnerable groups such as youth, people living with disability, refugees, etc will be considered upon providing justification.
The Mastercard Foundation COVID-19 Recovery and Resilience Program aims to assist local businesses to
weather and respond to the negative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, while strengthening their resilience in the long- run.
The following copies of documents will be required to apply for the loan.
- Business registration certificate
- Business license/permit (Optional)
- Business KRA Pin certificate
- Loan applicant ID copy
- CR12 form for limited companies
- Bank and/or Mpesa statements (6 months)
- KEPSA Membership certificate OR a certificate of membership for a KEPSA member Business Association. (Refer here for KEPSA member associations)
Besides providing loans, the program also enables MSMEs to share knowledge between them, and provides coaching to businesses on how to navigate the prevailing market disruptions, through training and mentorship sessions by market and industry leaders from
The program was launched in June 2020 and the loan application period is expected to be closed by end of January 2021.
Applications for the loans can be made via https://bit.ly/3oBYvI8
For any inquiry, support or assistance regarding this program, reach the KEPSA MSME
team on 0773132403 / 0780306036 / 0794968559 / email@example.com